Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Our Latest Blog Postings

Email

< ? bostonites # >

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Journey to the Underworld pt 2

As I came toward shore, I had difficulty perceiving the hula dancer. I couldn't tell whether she was actually on the beach, or very close to me, and not really "there" at all but some symbolic vision (within the vision.) She wasn't dancing properly, she was shaking like a dashboard hula girl would.

It is one of only two things that made me slightly uncomfortable during the experience. I don't know why. I like hula girls.

I just decided not to approach her or that part of the beach. Instead I moved to my right and arrived on a sandy, white beach with a short stretch to dense green growth and a path of sand through dunes to the right.

I followed the path. I continued to have some weird aquatic aural experience, but I had no tactile sense, and no sense of smell. The path wound around, under a brilliant sun and sky, to a cavern. I entered.

It seemed like a cavern of ice, in that light poured in through a diaphanous ceiling. Crystal maybe. Quite pleasant.

I walked further in and turned to the left, where I reached a dead end. So I backtracked.

The hula girl was gone from the beach, so I walked the other way on the beach and entered the jungle forest. Very pleasant. There seemed to be at least one type of "room", or open area, within the undergrowth, but I didn't enter. I sensed an animal near me, and twice glimpsed a huge python or other type of snake. I was not the least afraid and did not feel threatened.

The second time I saw it behind vine-filled trees, like it was climbing up. But I think it was just hugely large and tall. It gave me the idea to climb, so I did.

This brought me to the second slightly frightening experience. At the top of the tree, I rose above the tree-line I saw that the beach, water and jungle were actually on an asteroid hurtling through space. My vine started to swing out into the cosmos and I realized I had the opportunity to let go. I decided against that!

Back to the path and the cavern. This time at the dead end I looked up and saw a loft. I climbed up and found a bedding area that seemed just for me. Beyond this I discovered an upper cavern. Here it was quite dark, and their were several "people" there. I will say they seemed dressed almost in some uniform. Okay, they seemed like Vulcans out of Star Trek, or Elves out of Tolkien. I know this description probably discredits everything I've been saying, but the description is a metaphor. They weren't those things, and nothing about it had a 'sci fi' or 'role play' feel.

I knew they were aware of me. I felt fine. I was aware they were offering me something to drink . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Traveler said...

What if you took that drink? Would you be stuck there forever?

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home