Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Our Latest Blog Postings

Email

< ? bostonites # >

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Back in Ireland

I was just able, for the first time, to access and listen to the music that Borderliner has on the web. It is good stuff, and I think he should be doing more of it, or at least sharing more of it. Of course I love them all, but I found the most poignant to be Back in Ireland. It speaks to the same emotion I have every time I go or come.

Recently too, I have taken a job that keeps me bound to the North American continent, so Traveler doesn't really travel so much anymore. Anytime I consider running off somewhere I have to consider the effect on the kids and the nuclear family, and I realize that giving in to my restlessness and the angst it causes is just a form of selfishness. Good God, am I growing up?

Still and all, the music touches the remaining spirit tying me to my family and well spent misspent youth in Ireland! If any of you get the chance then please read my cousin's book, Man Overboard, reviewed here:

http://www.interlinkbooks.com/BooksM/man_overboard.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

I live in Boston and expect to visit Ireland for the first time this coming June. I hear it's beautiful!
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles

11:15 AM  
Blogger Traveler said...

You really are in for a wonderful trip, and I would be lying if I said I weren't jealous. While you're there, check out some traditional music in a good old pub seisun, and then come back and check out Borderliner's seisun (info in link at title). Thanks!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home