Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Our Latest Blog Postings

Email

< ? bostonites # >

Friday, April 01, 2005

Blogathon: God Bless the Pope

There is no way I wll be able to post every half hour!

I do want to say: God bless the Pope!

His perhaps immanent death is rather affecting me. I do not want to equate him to Princess Diana, but I believe her death, and his situation, are similar in their surprisingly deep impact on me. I am not a "celebrity watcher", and I am not a particulary fervent Catholic, but somehow the Pope, and Princess Diana have defined my era, so to speak. They are inherent in my life experiences. Her death and his decline remind me viscerally of mortality. More on both . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Ahmed Bilal said...

Hey, thought I'd say hello...Wanted to say something about the Pope but my views differ vastly from Christianity and I wouldnt want to offend a fellow marathon blogger.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home